Within the wake of the surge in Covid-19 instances, Kerala will go for stringent restrictions from Tuesday. The restrictions will keep in place for six days until Sunday. Anybody discovered violating the principles can be punished underneath sections of the Epidemic Illnesses Act.
Kerala police chief Lokanath Behara on Monday directed all district police chiefs and station home officers to strictly implement the Covid-19 restrictions imposed within the state. “Restrictions just like the weekend lockdown can be in place from tomorrow. Workers of exempt institutions can journey carrying their id playing cards. The courier service and residential supply class are additionally exempted. Concessions have additionally been granted for actions associated to e-commerce,” he stated.
Kerala on Monday recorded 26,011 new Covid-19 instances, 45 deaths and 19,519 recoveries. The demise toll stands at 5,450, whereas 13,13,109 sufferers have recovered thus far.
Here is what’s allowed and what’s not throughout strict curbs in Kerala:
1. Workers of all central and state authorities workplaces and their autonomous our bodies, companies coping with emergency and important providers needs to be allowed unrestricted motion. They need to produce ID proof on request.
2. Inner work inside the financial institution could also be carried on until 2pm.
3. Actions of public transport, items carriage automobiles and personal automobiles, autorickshaws and taxis to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminal/stops/stands/hospitals and healthcare centres are allowed.
4. Weddings (most of 50 individuals) and housewarming ceremonies registered on Covid 19 Jagratha Portal are permitted strictly adhering to Covid protocols. Funerals with a most of 20 individuals following Covid protocol are permitted.
5. Solely neighbourhood outlets coping with medicines, newspapers, meals, groceries, vegatables and fruits, dairy and milk cubicles, meat and fish can be allowed to operate.
6. Eating places and eateries needs to be allowed solely to cater to parcel and residential supply and needs to be closed by 9pm.