Sharad Pawar, Sitaram Yechury and Sonia Gandhi are among the many opposition leaders who’ve written the joint letter to the Prime Minister.
NEW DELHI: Leaders of 12 main opposition events have written a joint letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with 9 ideas that they urged needs to be applied on a ‘conflict footing’ to deal with the pandemic scenario within the nation.
Central procurement of vaccines from all obtainable sources and halting building of the grand Central Vista venture are among the many ideas made by the leaders.
The leaders additionally alleged that the federal government has been constantly ignored or refused ideas from the opposition.
Signatories to the letter embrace Sonia Gandhi (Congress), Sharad Pawar (NCP), Uddhav Thackeray (Shiv Sena), Mamata Banerjee (TMC), MK Stalin (DMK) and Sitaram Yechury (CPM).
A few of the key ideas within the letter embrace:
* Central procurement of vaccines from all obtainable sources – international and home
* Free, common mass vaccination throughout the nation be began instantly
* Invoke obligatory licensing to broaden home vaccine manufacturing
* Spend budgetary allocation of Rs. 35,000 crores for the vaccines
* Cease building underneath Central Vista venture and divert cash for procuring oxygen and vaccines
* Free distribution of foodgrains to the needy
* Give all jobless at the least Rs 6,000 per 30 days.
The leaders additionally lamented that the Centre ignoring ideas from the opposition has contributed in worsening the Covid scenario within the nation.
Different signatories to the letter are HD Deve Gowda (JDS), Hemant Soren (JMM,) Farooq Abdullah (JKPA), Akhilesh Yadav (SP). Tejashwi Yadav (RJD) and D Raja (CPI).