New Delhi: In a bid to scale back the burden on the testing laboratories within the nation, the Indian Council of Medical Analysis (ICMR) on Tuesday (Might 4) issued new tips for COVID-19 testing.
ICMR has suggested to take away the requirement of testing for folks travelling from one state to a different. The transfer comes after a number of states have imposed guidelines requiring necessary testing for incoming passengers.
“An unprecedented upsurge of COVID-19 circumstances and deaths is presently being witnessed throughout India. The general nationwide take a look at positivity price is above 20%,” the ICMR mentioned in an announcement.
“Testing-tracking-tracing, isolation and home-based therapy of optimistic sufferers is the important thing measure to curb transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19,” it added.
Other than journey restrictions, ICMR’s advisory additionally instructed others methods to manage up with the growing caseload.
Listed here are the six measures ICMR advisable to optimize COVID-19 testing:
1. RT-PCR take a look at should not be repeated in any particular person who has examined optimistic as soon as both by RAT or RT-PCR.
2. No testing is required for COVID-19 recovered people on the time of hospital discharge in accordance with the discharge coverage of MOH&FW.
3. The necessity for RT-PCR take a look at in wholesome people endeavor inter-state home journey could also be utterly eliminated to scale back the load on laboratories.
4. Non-essential journey and interstate journey of symptomatic people (COVID-19 or flu-like signs) must be primarily averted to scale back the chance of an infection.
5. All asymptomatic people endeavor important journey should comply with COVID-appropriate habits.
6. Cell testing laboratories at the moment are accessible on GeM portal. States are inspired to enhance RT-PCR testing via cellular techniques.
Take a look at the detailed tips right here:
— ICMR (@ICMRDELHI) May 4, 2021