A fireplace broke out in a nursing dwelling in West Delhi’s Vikaspuri, which was not too long ago transformed into COVID hospital, on Tuesday evening. Sufferers have been rescued and the hospital administration is coordinating with different hospitals to shift their 5 to seven sufferers from the ICU ward.
In response to fireplace officers, they acquired a name round 11 pm in regards to the fireplace in UK Nursing dwelling. Eight fireplace tenders had been rushed to the location to douse the blaze.
“We acquired a name round 11 pm in regards to the fireplace from UK Nursing dwelling. We despatched a complete of eight fireplace tenders on the spot. There have been COVID sufferers contained in the hospital who had been trapped. Inside an hour, our workforce managed the fireplace and rescued all sufferers safely. No one was injured,” stated Atul Garg, Delhi Hearth Providers chief.
Officers stated the fireplace was attributable to a short-circuit.
“There’s a retailer room on the primary ground of the constructing from the place the fireplace began as a result of a short-circuit. There have been some sufferers on the bottom ground. On reaching, firefighters entered after breaking all home windows and took out the sufferers,” an official stated, including that they’ve doused the fireplace, however there may be nonetheless smoke.
A senior fireplace official stated a complete of 26 sufferers had been trapped inside. Out of the 26, round 17 are COVID sufferers.