Amid the surging Covid-19 instances, the West Bengal authorities on Saturday introduced a full lockdown throughout the state from 6 am on Could 16 to six pm on Could 30. It additionally imposed an evening curfew, which can be noticed each evening from 9 pm to five am, starting Sunday evening.
Chief Secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay mentioned that strict situations on the motion of transport and different sectors are imposed for 2 weeks to manage the state of affairs within the state.
The state authorities didn’t formally name the restrictions a lockdown, however, almost all providers, together with the schooling sector, and personal and public workplaces, can be closed.
West Bengal lockdown: What’s allowed
· Retail retailers and provides, bazaars and retailers promoting greens, fruits, groceries, milk, bread meat and eggs can be allowed to stay open between 7am and 10am
· Sweetmeat retailers can be allowed to perform between 12pm and three pm
· Jewelry and textile retailers to perform between 10 am and 5 pm
· Medical retailers and optical shops will perform as per regular working hours
· Motion of personal autos/taxis to/from hospitals, vaccination centres, airports and media homes allowed
· Intra-state motion of emergency and important providers personnel, items are allowed
· Inter-state motion of medical provides, oxygen, important meals commodities together with eggs, milk, meat, fish and gas allowed
· All industries and manufacturing items referring to medical provides, Covid-19 protecting provides, well being and hygiene care merchandise, oxygen and oxygen cylinders allowed
· Steady course of industries and manufacturing and packaging of important meals commodities and drinks together with milk, poultry, fish and meat additionally allowed
· Tea gardens can perform with 50 p.c of complete employees of every shift
· Jute mills can perform with 30 p.c of complete energy of every shift
· E-commerce/dwelling supply of all objects allowed
· Banks, monetary establishments to stay open between 10am and 2pm and for ATM operations
· Petrol pumps, vehicle workshops, LPG workplaces/distribution centres to perform as regular
· Print, digital media and social media, MSOs and cable operators to stay practical
· SEBI regulated and notified market entities to stay open
· 50 individuals can attend marriage features at a time following bodily distancing norms
· 20 folks allowed at funeral rites at a time following bodily distancing norms
· Motion of individuals and autos for goal of well being providers, legislation and order and important commodities together with agricultural produce and different emergency providers allowed
West Bengal lockdown: What’s not allowed
· All instructional establishments together with faculties, schools and anganwadis not allowed to perform
· All authorities and personal workplaces, besides providers associated to important providers, to stay shut
· Buying complexes, malls, cinema theatres, magnificence parlours, eating places, bars and gymnasiums to stay closed
· Metro, intra-state transportation suspended
· Motion of personal autos, besides emergency providers exempted
· Parks, zoos and sanctuaries to stay closed
· All out of doors actions together with motion of individuals and autos prohibited between 9pm to 5am
It has been warned that any violation of those restrictions will invite punishments underneath the provisions of Catastrophe Administration Act of 2005 and Indian Penal Code.
The assertion issued by the Chief Secretary additionally acknowledged that carrying of masks, sustaining social distancing and well being and hygiene protocols should be adopted always.