The Telangana authorities introduced that the state will go beneath a 10-day lockdown so as to curb the unfold of the coronavirus illness (Covid-19) from Wednesday. The lockdown will start at 10am on Could 12 and will likely be in place until Could 22. Nonetheless, there will likely be a rest of lockdown from 6am to 10am on a regular basis, the chief minister’s workplace mentioned in a press release.
Additionally Learn: Out of Covaxin, 125 Delhi authorities jab centres for 18-44 age group to be shut
Chief minister Ok Chandrashekhar Rao held a cupboard assembly on Tuesday during which it was determined that the four-hour rest interval for folks for his or her ‘normal actions and wishes’. The choice to impose the lockdown comes inside per week of the CM’s assertion that there will likely be no imposition of partial or full lockdown within the state as it could result in complete collapse of the state’s financial system.
Here’s what is allowed and what’s not:
– Agricultural actions and work in allied sectors will likely be allowed, in line with the discharge. “Works associated to agriculture produce, allied sectors, works undertaken with the agriculture machines, working of rice mills, transport of the paddy and rice, supplying paddy to FCI, fertiliser and seeds outlets and manufacturing corporations and different agri-based sectors are exempted from the lockdown,” the assertion mentioned.
– All medical and well being companies in authorities and personal hospitals, pharmaceutical corporations, medical gear manufacturing models, medical distributors, and medical outlets will likely be operational. These working at these locations will likely be given particular passes for travelling.
– Between 6am and 10am on a regular basis, all of the outlets and companies will likely be open. “For the remaining 20 hours, the lockdown could be strictly applied. Solely important companies could be allowed throughout the lockdown,” the official launch mentioned.
– One other cupboard assembly was scheduled for Could 20 to evaluate the scenario and take a name on whether or not the lockdown must be prolonged.
– Exemption will likely be given to these working as a part of Mahatma Gandhi Nationwide Rural Employment Assure Scheme.
– State authorities workplaces will likely be open however with solely 33 per cent of their workers members.
– With prior permission, marriages with a most variety of 40 visitors will likely be allowed. For funerals, a most of 20 folks will likely be allowed.
– All cinema halls, swimming swimming pools, golf equipment, gyms, amusement parks and sports activities stadiums will likely be closed. “The Director Common of Police has been instructed to strictly implement the lockdown following the Covid tips,” the official launch mentioned.